Achieving Successful Careers, Exploring New Directions, or ASCEND, is KU Medical Center’s professional development program for graduate students and postdocs.
Our mission is to provide strategic career training, resources, and opportunities for experiential and elevated learning, preparing KUMC students and postdoctoral scholars for successful careers.
Here are some highlights of the new and improved ASCEND programming for the 2023-2024 academic year:
- Sessions focused on two key areas: job searching and transferable skills
- A blend of industry- and academia-focused sessions and resources
- Resume and interview workshops with 1:1 resume consult and mock interview opportunities each semester
- Added hybrid sessions
- A new career and professional development resource library
- A spring semester career fair
Suggest a Topic
We’d love to hear your requests for future sessions. Share your suggestions here!