Student Leadership Awards
For more than 25 years, we've held an annual awards ceremony to recognize excellence in student leadership, advising, organizations and community service.
Dorothy Knoll Student Leadership Award
This student will be chosen on the basis of their demonstrated exceptional leadership skills which impact the KU Medical Center campus, their community involvement and their ability to interact and work with a wide variety of students and student organizations.
- 2023: Brittany Martinez, School of Medicine, Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy
- 2022: Suraj Shankar, School of Medicine, M.D./MHSA program
- 2021: Jack Ayres, School of Medicine, M.D. program
Outstanding Student Organization Award
The organization is chosen on the basis of the activities it has undertaken in the past year to complete their mission and vision, ability to work as a team within the organization and with other groups on campus, and the positive impact the organization has had on students, KU Medical Center and the community.
- 2023: Health Career Collaborative
- 2022: Salina Student Medical Outreach
- 2021: Family Medicine Interest Group-Wichita
Outstanding Student Organization Advisor Award
This University of Kansas Medical Center faculty or staff member is chosen on the basis of his or her involvement and knowledge of the organization, ability to challenge the leaders of the organization and the amount of guidance and support offered when needed.
- 2023: David Naylor, M.D., advisor to the Wilderness Medicine Interest Group and the JayRock Climbing Association
- 2022: Erin Corriveau - KUMC Community Providers
- 2021: Robert Winfield, M.D., and Jennifer Penne Toure, Socially Responsible Surgery
Kellyann Jones-Jamtgaard Student Diversity Award
This student will be chosen on the basis of their demonstrated exceptional passion for diversity and the capacity to demonstrate leadership skills in this area.
- 2023: Jane Ibude, School of Health Professions, Dietetics and Nutrition
- 2022: Quinnlyn Walcott
- 2021: Kaitana Ferguson-Square
Student Community Leader Award
The student receiving this award was chosen on the basis of his or her exemplary commitment to service a rural or underserved community.
- 2023: Grace Noonan, School of Medicine, M.D.
- 2022: Morgan Weiler, School of Medicine-Wichita, M.D.
- 2021: W. Todd More, KU School of Medicine, Ph.D. in Health Policy and Management