Skip to main content.

Exit Counseling for Federal Loan Borrowers

Exit counseling is federally required for borrowers of Federal Family Education Loans Loans. A hold will be placed on student records until you complete the required exit counseling online.

Federal regulations require all borrowers of Federal Direct Student Loans, Grad PLUS loans, and Federal Family Education Loans who borrowed while attending KU Medical Center to complete exit counseling if:

  • They are enrolled in less than half-time (enrollment eligibility information).
  • They have applied for a degree and are close to graduating.
  • They are in a program that is not eligible for financial aid.
  • They are not enrolled.
  • They have withdrawn from all classes at KU Medical Center.

A HOLD is placed on your student records until you complete the required exit counseling online. Once the online exit counseling is completed, the hold will be removed. Please allow for four business days for the reporting process to be completed and the hold to be removed.

To complete the online exit counseling on the Federal Student Aid site, click the sign-in button, and once you are signed in, click on complete counseling, then click on start exit counseling.

You will need to provide your FSA ID to log in. If you need assistance obtaining your FSA ID, please visit Manage My FSA ID on the Federal Student Aid site. A listing of all of your federal student loans will be included in the exit counseling (listing does not include alternative loans.)

If you borrowed a Federal Nursing Loan, a Primary Care Loan, a Nursing Faculty Loan, or the Kansas Medical Student Loan, you will be contacted separately for additional paperwork.

Please contact our office at (913) 588-5170 or email if you have any questions.

Student Financial Aid

University of Kansas Medical Center
Student Financial Aid Office
Mailstop 4005
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, Kan. 66160

Location: G035 Dykes Library
: 913-588-5170
Fax: 913-588-8841