Loan Forgiveness and Repayment Options
Kansas Bridging Plan - Loan Forgiveness
The Kansas Bridging Plan (KBP) is a loan forgiveness program available to primary care, OB-GYN, and psychiatry resident physicians created to encourage physicians to practice in Kansas upon completion of residency training.
Each year the State of Kansas funds up to 14 slots for primary care, 3 slots for psychiatry, and 3 slots for OB-GYN. Learn more about the Kansas Bridging Plan.
National Health Service Corps - Loan Repayment
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program provides $50,000, tax-free, to primary care medical, dental, and mental health clinicians in exchange for two years of service at an approved site in a Health Professional Shortage Area with an HPSA score of 14 or above. Providers with two years of service at an approved site in a Health Professional Shortage Area with an HPSA score of 13 or less can receive up to $30,000. Upon completion of the service commitment, clinicians may be eligible to apply for (NHSC) additional support for extended service.
Loan Repayment Programs Application Checklist
Kansas State Loan Repayment Program
The Primary Care Office in the Bureau of Local and Rural Health receives funding from the federal Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) through the National Health Service Corps to administer the Kansas State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP). The program provides loan repayment assistance to health professionals with qualifying educational loans.
Community Stipend Programs in Kansas - Monthly Stipend
The Community Stipend Program provides a monthly stipend amount to resident physicians during residency and is typically tied to a practice commitment equal to the number of months the stipend was received by the provider. For more information, contact the Kansas Recruitment and Retention Center at email@example.com.
Additional Student Repayment and Scholarship Information may be found at the following links:
- Kansas Hospital Association Healthworks’ annual Health Care Scholarship
- Undergraduate Health Care: undergraduate students in non-nursing health care fields
- Undergraduate Nursing: undergraduate students who have been accepted into a licensed or degreed nursing program
- Advanced Clinical Practice: graduate level students in any clinical health care discipline
- Health Care Administration: students in health care administration, whether under- or graduate level
- Human Resources: students in health care human resource related field, whether under- or graduate level
- State of Kansas Scholarships and Grants
- Kansas Medical Student Loan (KMSL)
- Kansas Osteopathic Medical Service Scholarship (KOMS)
- Kansas Medical Retroactive Student Loan
- Kansas Nursing Service Scholarship
- Kansas Nurse Educator Service Scholarship
- Kansas Optometry Service Scholarship
- NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program
- National Health Service Corps Scholarships
- Rural Opportunity Zone
- Perkins Loan Cancellation
- Dental Student Loan Repayment Programs & Resources
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program