Health Care Employers
Kansas Locum Tenens (KLT) and Kansas Locum Tenens Plus (KLT+) connect providers with Kansas rural and underserved health employers that need temporary primary and specialty care medical coverage. KLT/KLT+ can help your rural health care organization by:
- Providing coverage for a physician who needs time off for a personal or professional reason, or filling in when you are short-staffed
- Offering physicians a work-life balance by lessening call time
- Supporting the goal to strengthen and expand the rural components of the residency and fellowship programs and the perspectives of the academic faculty
- Serving as a great recruitment and retention tool as many residents and fellows use KLT as a key component in their practice search
Rural and underserved health care organizations, including hospitals, rural ERs, primary care clinics, private practices, and urgent care facilities are eligible to participate in KLT and KLT+.
After the initial form is completed and a contract is signed, organizations may email requests as they arise to email@example.com. Four weeks advance notice is preferred.
- Organizations set their own competitive rates based on fair market value and are 100% paid to the provider
- Providers must be paid within 2 weeks. Late payments incur a $25 per day late fee paid to the provider
- The organization requesting coverage provides off-site accommodations for shifts longer than 24 hours.
- KLT charges a per-coverage fee which will be billed separately at the end of the month. This fee is based on the number and length of shifts requested. The fees collected go toward sustaining the medical professional liability insurance sponsorship which is available to assist resident physicians and fellows.