Letycia C. Nunez-Argote, Ph.D., MPH, CPH, MLS(ASCP)cm
Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Laboratory Sciences
Letycia Nuñez-Argote, Ph.D., MPH, CPH, MLS(ASCP)cm, is a faculty member with the KU Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences. A clinical laboratory scientist by training, she teaches undergraduate-level and graduate courses in immunology and immunohematology.
In the field of public health, Nuñez-Argote has conducted research that delves into the process of repatriation of sick migrants from the U.S. to Mexico. She has also studied patterns of migration of Latinx populations and the influence of these movements in the microbiome as they relate to immune cell response and chronic disease, particularly breast cancer.
Nuñez-Argote is an active member of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science and the American Society for Clinical Pathology. She is passionate on issues of health policy, social justice, and equality that affect both the clinical laboratory profession and system-wide policies that influence access to and cost of care.
She also participates in the implementation of the interprofessional education curriculum at KU and is interested in fostering increased visibility and involvement of laboratory professionals in the health care team.
Nunez-Argote graduated with a master's degree in public health from the National Institute of Public Health of Mexico in 2011 and is certified in public health by the National Board of Public Health Examiners.
She earned her bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory sciences from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2007. She is certified as a medical laboratory scientist through ASCP.
Education and Training
- BS, Clinical Laboratory Science, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- MPH, Health Administration, National Institute of Public Health, School of Public Health of Mexico, Cuernavaca, Morelos
- PhD, Health Policy and Management, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, Diversity Advocacy Committee Region VI Liaison, Member, 2020 - Present
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, Political Action Committee, Member, 2019 - 2020
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, Government Affairs , Member, 2019 - Present
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, Abstract and Proposal Review Committee, Member, 2018 - 2021
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, Membership Committee, Member, 2017 - 2018
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, Member, 2014 - Present