Training and Resources
KU Medical Center research personnel
All KUMC research personnel who are engaged in projects utilizing Recombinant DNA (rDNA) & Synthetic DNA, Select Pathogenic Agents and/or Toxins (BSAT), and/or Etiological Agents must complete the following trainings prior to IBC approval of any protocol. All training must be completed annually.
- University Environment, Health & Safety General Safety
- University Hazard Communication & RCRA Chemical Safety
- University Biosafety Training
- University Bloodborne Pathogen
- University Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Please take into consideration, Environment Health & Safety (EHS) may require additional trainings for personnel who engage in other activities involving biohazards, chemical, and radiation. Contact EHS for more information email@example.com.
University of Kansas Health System employees
UKHS employees engaged in Human Gene Transfer studies will be required to complete University Biosafety Training (i.e, rDNA/sDNA Training) prior to engaging is such clinical trials. Training must be completed annually.
Instructions for completing Safety Training online using TLC for University faculty, staff, students and collaborators and UKHS employees:
- Go to the Saba Learning System
- Check on any trainings you have been enrolled in listed under the "My Learning" tab
- Pass any associated exams.
- If you need to enroll yourself in a training, search for the training using search function at the top of the page in Saba. Once you have found the appropriate training, click on "enroll" and you will be enrolled in that course. Take the training as described in items 2 and 3 above.