We care about you. While every situation is unique, caregiving stress is universal. Managing life when a loved one has Alzheimer’s disease can be overwhelming. The KU ADRC offers numerous support groups for you.
“I know just what you mean.”
Attend a KU ADRC support group and you might be surprised at what you find. These exceptional gatherings connect you with others who are going through a common situation. They’ll offer you coping strategies and emotional support and, before you know it, you’ll be offering it to others. Support groups:
- Connect you to community resources and updated disease information
- Help you understand the behavior that often accompanies Alzheimer’s and other dementias
- Offer specific, actionable tips on how to provide care and manage behaviors
- Provide empathetic emotional support and an outlet for frustrations
- Remind you that you are not alone
- Encourage you to take care of yourself too
We look forward to seeing you!
- We offer both in-person and virtual support group options and we encourage you to look at our list of support groups and find one that best fits your needs. Support Groups
- Upcoming meetings are listed on our calendar of events.
- If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Jan Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-707-7743.