Provider Pocket Talks
Our lecture series on dementia care brings together experts from KU Alzheimer's Disease Research Center to offer community healthcare professionals practical tips and advice for caring for patients with dementia.
We know you are busy, so put your headphones on and listen to 20-minute live lectures, with 10 minutes for Q&A, during lunch. Our presentations are entirely online and designated for community healthcare professionals and practitioners. CME credit is available for live attendance.
- Every other Friday, from 12:15-12:45 p.m.
- To receive an email invitation to the presentations, click here to sign-up.
- Course Director: Ryan Townley, M.D.
Cognitive decline is a growing problem in our aging population. Early diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment, dementia, and Alzheimer's disease promotes autonomy and improves patient outcomes. Recognizing cognitive syndromes at early stages requires proper screening tools and clinical acumen for clues to identify the heterogeneous presentations of these neurodegenerative disorders. Longitudinal care for these patients requires appropriate medication management, optimizing billing codes, being proactive about planning for changes, and incorporating a multi-disciplinary team approach.
Watch Past Pocket Talks
CE credit is not available for recordings.
Resources from Past Pocket Talks
- 11-19-2021: Preventing Dementia: Empower Your Patients to Fight Back (PDF)
- 11-05-2021: Navigating the Driving Discussion (PDF)
- 10-15-2021 - The Power of a Multi-Disciplinary Care Team (PDF)
- 09-17-2021 - Solving Sleep Disorders of Dementia (PDF)
- 09-03-2021 - Strategies for Treating Behavioral Issues: SSRIs, Antipsychotics and Other Approaches (PDF)
- 08-20-2021 - Prescribing Memory Medications: Purpose and Value (PDF)
- 08-06-2021 - Tips to Disclosing a Dementia Diagnosis (PDF)
- 07-23-2021 - Did You Hear That? Breaking Down The Most Common Language Disorders (PPAs) (PDF)
- 07-09-2021 - Lewy Body Disease: Diagnosing and Treating the Second Most Common Cause of Dementia (PDF)
- 06-18-2021 - Alzheimer's Disease: It's Not Always Memory (PDF)
- 06-04-2021 - Differentiating the Most Common Dementias (PDF)
- 05-21-2021 - The Necessary Steps to Working up Cognitive Impairment (PDF)
- 05-07-2021 - Distinguishing Normal from Abnormal Aging (PDF)