Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to incorporating diverse cultures, experiences, expertise and viewpoints within the fabric of our community.
Like the broader KU Medical Center community, GME does not condone or tolerate any form of racism or hate, and we stand in solidarity with all minority and marginalized groups. We have witnessed different communities band together to fight against all forms of racism and hate. While we have made strides, there is still much work to do as both discrimination and intolerance persist.
We partner with the KU Medical Center Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the KU School of Medicine Office of Diversity and Inclusion to align policies, processes and strategies. Visit their websites to learn more.
KU Medical Center Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
KU School of Medicine Office of Diversity and Inclusion
We also encourage you to explore the resources from the KU Medical Center Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Cabinet.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Toolkit
GME Anti-Discrimination Statement
The GME Office stands against the discrimination of a person's gender, gender expression, skin color, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, or any other aspect of an individual's identity. We acknowledge that racists biases, systems, acts, processes, results, and other oppressive methods have been deeply rooted in medical education and healthcare. This is why we are prioritizing the implementation of policies, processes, and best practices that will prevent these historical mistakes from continuing here. Nothing short of an environment that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, safe, and welcoming for everyone is acceptable. It takes all of us.
We are committed to the following actions and work in the KU School of Medicine Office of Graduate Medical Education:
- Partnering with the University of Kansas Medical Center's Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the School of Medicine's Office of Diversity and Inclusion to align policies, processes, and strategies.
- Fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in our policies, programs, recruitment, practices, and retention.
- Investigating biases and systemic advantages and oppression.
- Developing and implementing strategies, policies, resources, and processes that promote diversity, equity, inclusion and a sense of belonging.
- Eliminating systematic advantages and oppression.
The work necessary to drive change and make meaningful improvement begins with intentional actions and sufficient resources.
KU Medical Center Diversity, Equity & Inclusion