Gender-Affirming Night (GAN)
Gender-Affirming Night (formerly Transgender Night) is a specialty care JayDoc Free Clinic located in Kansas City that serves to support transgender and gender diverse (including non-binary, agender, gender-fluid, etc) individuals living in Kansas and Missouri wishing to medically transition through the use of hormones (estrogen or testosterone).
What we do
We provide free physician visits and labs for underinsured patients wishing to undergo hormone replacement therapy (HRT), with the understanding that they will finance their own hormone replacement medication ($40-$70/month). We see our patients for their first year of HRT and refer them to a different clinic for continuity of care. We offer both masculinizing and feminizing transition therapies.
Additionally, we have partnerships with various community providers and can connect our patients in order to obtain letters of support for transitioning, legal gender marker and name changes, assistance in obtaining insurance, and information about surgeries.
How to start care?
Make sure to include an up-to-date email and phone number as we will use these to contact you shortly after completing the application.
Alternatively, send an email to jaydocGAN@kumc.edu with your basic information including name, age, pronouns, and if you are interested in masculinizing or feminizing therapy.
After the application has been completed, we will get you in contact with one of our partnered psychologists to write you a letter saying you are eligible to be seen.
- Patients must be 18 years or older. If you are a minor, please navigate to the resource tab to find an eligible clinic.
- You do not have to be previously seen at JayDoc to start care at Gender-Affirming Night.
- You are required to finance your own hormone replacement medication ($40 70/month). All other services are free of charge.
- Primary care and other health concerns that do not pertain to hormone therapy or transgender care should be coordinated through JayDoc'’'s general contact
information and respective specialty services.
- While many of our patients are from the surrounding KC area (Wyandotte, Johnson, Jackson, Cass, & Clay Counties), we accept patients from all of Kansas and Missouri.