Specialty Night Services
Specialty Services are offered on select nights the JayDoc Free Clinic is open
Our staff of physicians and University of Kansas medical students provide the following medical services either on site or by referral:
- Audiology Night
- Audiology Night focuses on concerns regarding hearing loss, such as difficulty hearing, ringing in ears, dizziness, and imbalance. We offer free hearing tests. Free hearing aids will be provided to patients diagnosed with a hearing loss if appropriate. Patients who qualify for hearing aids will be fit with hearing aids at a later date. If the hearing loss needs to be treated in another way, a proper referral will be made.
- Cardiology Night
- Diabetes Night
- We provide a medical home to diabetic patients where they can be managed and followed over time. Services include laboratory work-ups, treatment as it becomes available, and education on appropriate diet and nutrition. Patients are referred to Diabetes Night after first being seen by the general clinic.
- Ophthalmology/Optometry Night
- JayDoc Ophthalmology Night provides eye health evaluations to all of our patients. Our team will give recommendations necessary to help our patients maintain excellent vision. Exams offered include testing for glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, cataracts, and more. Referrals are made for patients who require surgeries or more serious follow-ups. In addition, the clinic is also able to provide glasses for patients at low to no cost.
- Women’s Health Night
- Dental Night
- Appointments can be scheduled prior to dental night by calling 913-387-1202 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. During dental night, limited walk-ins will be available between 5-6 p.m. on a first come basis.
- Dermatology Night
- Radiology Night
- Musculoskeletal (MSK) Night
- Gender-Affirming Night
- Gender-Affirming Night provides free physician visits and labs for underinsured patients wishing to undergo hormone replacement therapy (HRT), with the understanding that they will finance their own hormone replacement medication ($40-$70/month). View more details on Gender-Affirming Night and services.
Other Specialty Services offered at our specialty nights:
- Nutrition Services
- Physical Therapy
Specialty Night Clinic Hours
By appointment only Tuesday - open at 4:45 p.m.
- These services are offered during our appointment-only specialty clinics. If you visit the clinic during our regular hours (Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:45-10 p.m.), we may refer you for an appointment with one of our Tuesday evening specialty clinics.
- While many of our patients are from the surrounding KC area (Wyandotte, Johnson, Jackson, Cass, & Clay Counties), we accept patients from all of Kansas and Missouri.
Services JayDoc Cannot Provide
- Workers compensation complaints
- Broken limbs
- Refills or requests for medications including narcotics, anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, or seizure medications.
- Dental complaints (cannot be addressed on Mondays and Wednesdays, but ask when the next Tuesday Dental night will be—typically two dental clinics per month)
- Acute severe emergencies such as heart attack, stroke, or car accident complaints
- Recent concussions
If you are having any serious emergency please go to the Emergency Department