School of Medicine Faculty Governance
The School of Medicine has a collaborative governance structure, designed to promote partnership between faculty and administration in conducting the school's business.
Faculty Governance Bylaws
5.10.23 - The proposed changes to the School of Medicine Faculty Bylaws passed. The changes included:
- Correcting outdated titles and information (pgs. 4-5,11-13,17-19,26)
- Adding a dean-appointed Salina representative to Education Council and aligning student affairs' representation across all three campuses (pg. 14)
- Allowing a member of the Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure (APT) Kansas City Committee to serve a single consecutive term if appointed (pg. 20)
- Allowing up to two eligible members from a single primary department to serve simultaneously on the Appointments, Promotion, and Tenure (APT) Kansas City Committee (pg. 20)
View the May 2023 updated School of Medicine Bylaws (PDF).
School of Medicine Faculty Standing Committees
- Academic and Professionalism Committee - Angela Gosserand
- Admissions Committee - Brian Steele
- Appointments, Promotion and Tenure Committee
- Education Council - Teresa Beacham
- Elections Committee - Elizabeth Harner
- Research Committee - Rosa Meagher
- Student Promotions/Special Programs Committee - Angela Gosserand
Contact Elizabeth Harner for a current 23-24 Standing Committee Roster
Previous Voting Results and Governance Recommendations:
7/7/2020 - School of Medicine Faculty Bylaws Change Proposal - The vote on the proposed changes passed.
6/1/2022 - School of Medicine Faculty Bylaws Change Proposal - The vote on the proposed changes passed.