About Faculty Development
A strong program of faculty development benefits both the faculty and the School of Medicine.
We develop and offer programs, services and resources that support and promote faculty development in the areas of teaching, scholarship, leadership and grant writing. The variety of offerings are all aimed at enhancing the KU School of Medicine learning environment for faculty and, by extension, the students. The primary goal of the Faculty Development team is to help faculty, regardless of specialty, achieve their goals in academic medicine.
- Build communities of practice among faculty
- Increase educational scholarship and collaboration
- Enhance classroom and clinical teaching skills and knowledge
- Produce, support, and foster meaningful contributions toward academic promotion
- Support diversity, equity, and inclusion with specialized programming