How to Apply to Certificate Programs
Review the certificate application and admission process for the KU School of Nursing certificate programs.
Certificate Application and Admission Process
The following materials are required for application to the graduate certificate programs. Prospective students can apply to a certificate program online.
Application deadlines will vary by program; please refer to the certificate program information for application deadlines and the next available admission terms.
- Graduate application to the School of Nursing, online at https://gograd.ku.edu/apply
- $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcript(s) of all college coursework.
- Personal statement clearly stating applicant's detailed personal objectives and specific career goals.
- Three references from professional colleagues or faculty who are able to attest to the applicant's potential ability for scholarly activity and leadership roles.
- Resume/curriculum vitae, describing the applicant's educational and experiential background. Include information about the following: education, certification/licensure, work experience, clinical leadership, community/organizational involvement, scholarship/research and honors/awards.
- For advanced practice clinical certificates only: Evidence of current registered nurse licensure in at least one state of the United States.
- Upon admission, students will need to meet additional licensure and participation requirements.